We are so excited to share with you the first in a 5-session series on praising God through books for children based on hymn texts. Each Monday, we’ll share Krista’s review of a book that she will use in a learning session that will be posted on Wednesday. Krista is an experienced certified Christian educator in the Presbyterian Church (USA) and her work reflects that work as well as her creative spirit and love of sharing the faith with all ages. Krista and Storypath offer you these sessions to use however you see fit within your ministry setting. Our only request is that you give Krista full credit for writing and that her name remain on anything you download and print, and we’d love it if you’d mention to friends and colleagues that you found this on Storypath. We want to continue to share the work being done here with the widest possible audience and you can help with that!
If you are interested in gathering the books in advance, the titles Krista will be using are listed below. Although some are out of print, there are many used copies from booksellers and more than 500 US libraries have it in their collection available for interlibrary loan.
- Greene, Rhonda Gowler. Sing Praise. Augsburg Fortress. ISBN:9780806651200
- Brokering, Herbert. Earth and All Stars. Morehouse Publishing. ISBN: 9780819218674
- Vajda, Jaroslav. God of the Sparrow. Morehouse Publishing. ISBN: 9780819217455
- Farjeon, Eleanor. Morning Has Broken. Eerdmans Publishing. ISBN: 9780802851277
- Nelson, Kadir. He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands. Dial Books for Young Readers. ISBN: 9780803728509